Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Merchandise and Purchasing Jobs
A motley crew of scruffy-faced misfits with more cigar, tobacco and industry knowledge than any set of Joe six-pack gringos should ever gain in a lifetime. Core responsibilities include, but are not even close to limited to, product placement, brand creation, brand management, coordination of any beer-related activities (whether internal or external), product development, sales channel management, morale boosting, catalog creation, blend creation and analysis, inventory management, morale diminishment, copywriting, HR job security, outright debauchery, and so (so!) much more. To keep it simple....we buy stuff, create stuff, manage the stuff, develop ways to market and sell the stuff through a wide variety of sales channels both online and offline, then cackle madly and initiate a series of dances when our individual sales figures exceed those of our fellow merchants, usually including the chicken dance, Icky Shuffle and the lawnmower, typically ending with the sprinkler. Recommended attributes for potential candidates: innovativeness, wittiness, intuitiveness, charm....ness(?), outside the box thinking (look boss, buzz words!), good looks, a passion for the product and industry, excessive facial hair, perfection.
Note: Cigars International is an equal opportunity employer....but that don’t mean you’ll be a merchant.
||Merchandise and Purchasing
We are currently seeking a Merchandising Generalist with a ‘can-do’ attitude to join the Merchandising team. The Generalist will help coordinate our ongoing multichannel merchandising programs, and manage updates to our web channels. This role is ideal for someone with a keen attention-to-detail and the willingness to learn online merchandising from the ground up. An interest in premium cigars is preferred, but not required.
- Daily monitoring of incoming product to ensure it is properly merchandised and available for sale through our applicable web stores and call centers.
- Regular auditing of available product online to ensure it is appropriately represented with the customer in mind.
- Assist in maintaining the backend of our websites through accurate and timely data entry.
- Build relationships with key design, photography, IT, merchandising and marketing stakeholders to request and gather the necessary content to merchandise our websites.
- Monitor and report on our competitor’s merchandising campaigns.
- Online set up of a constant stream of promotions and merchandising campaigns.
- Auditing and maintenance of many website categories to maximum sales and profit.
- Be a vocal member of our merchandising team by participating in our weekly meeting where we discuss and debate product development, purchasing, and merchandising initiatives.
- Be ready and willing to take on and/or assist with new tasks as needed.
- Requirements/Core Competencies:
- A Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or equivalent experience preferred.
- An eye for design, photography, and copywriting to ensure the best possible merchandising campaigns for our valued customers.
- Technical agility to learn new tools, technology and website systems.
- Detail oriented to perform quick and accurate data-entry.
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline driven environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of motivation and self-direction.
- Strategic thinking ability, strong analytical skills and results orientation.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, creativity and team orientation a must.
- A general understanding or willingness to quickly learn premium cigar merchandising.
Please send a cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity along with salary expectations and resume. Those not providing a cover letter will not be considered for this opportunity.
||Merchandise and Purchasing
We are currently seeking a Copywriter with creative expertise and proven writing skills to join our Merchandising team. The ideal candidate is responsible for brainstorming, creating, and transforming ideas into words for a multiple direct marketing and e-commerce platforms. This role is ideal for someone who is organized, energetic, maintains a high attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Work both alone and in tandem with the Marketing and Merchandising teams to develop appropriate and innovative selling concepts for a wide variety of digital and print platforms and sales channels
- Improve the company’s project, process, and content management of all writing projects, while seeing all projects through to completion in a fast-paced, deadline-driven arena.
- Copy requests include, but are not limited to: product copy, brand copy, web category copy, newsletters, press releases, email copy, video scripts, radio scripts, product development copy, and much more.
- Research the technical properties of products and determine what makes products appealing to consumers. Identify unique selling points.
- Revise, edit, and proofread content written by yourself and others.
- Maintain and develop a distinctive writing style for each sales channel.
- Responsible for original, clear, and convincing copy with grammatical and factual accuracy for web, print, and a multitude of other channels and mediums.
- Manage dozens of requests while working within tight deadlines.
- Work to understand the products, brands, market, and competition. Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Strong command of English language, grammar, spelling, and usage (English, Communications, Journalism, or Advertising degree/certification or equivalent experience preferred).
- Ability to work independently and in tandem with Marketing and Merchandising to develop convincing copy to drive sales conversions.
- Understand SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy as it relates to copywriting.
- Think critically, offer insight, and challenge the norm at all times.
- Have a strong sense of ownership for all customer-facing verbiage.
- Be a motivated self-starter who relishes the opportunity to be challenged every day.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.