There’s no denying Davidoff is responsible for some of the best pipe tobaccos in all the land. The only unfortunate part is, it’ll cost you a pretty penny to get your paws on some. But luckily for you, I went and compiled this Jim Dandy of a pipe tobacco sampler with a drastically reduced price tag. It doesn’t matter if you’re an average Joe or a pipe connoisseur, there’s a lot to celebrate here because each and every blend is a 10 across the board. Smooth, refined and offering a full glimpse into the Davidoff pipe tobacco portfolio, you’ll be ordering seconds in no time.
The Davidoff Luxury Pipe Tobacco Sampler includes: 1 - Davidoff Scottish Mixture Pipe Tobacco 1.76oz Tin 1 - Davidoff Danish Mixture Pipe Tobacco 1.76oz Tin 1 - Davidoff English Mixture Pipe Tobacco 1.76oz Tin 1 - Davidoff Royalty Pipe Tobacco 1.76oz Tin 1 - Davidoff Flake Medallions 1.76oz Tin
Nose sting and tongue sting were the common characteristic of this sampler, for my taste. Here is my breakdown of the 5:
1) Royalty: Great, elegant taste, nose, tied for my favorite.
2) English: Hated it. Will probably toss the tin, or save it for at least a year before trying another bowl. Harsh, dry, not my cup of tea, chaps!
3) Flake Medallions: These are pretty juicy. A smell of vinegar hits you when you crack the can, instantly followed by an enticing, anticipatory smell of impending excitement. Sadly, the medallions didn't blow my hair back too much.
4) Danish: My personal favorite, strong, full smell, very rich, complex, and strangely, the smoothest of the bunch!
5) Scottish: Faint aroma, nose-sting, but super-tasty, but then HOT! The taste was initially a tie with Danish, but then Danish won after due consideration.
It is possible that these tins were a bit dryer than they should be, but I am not sure. Overall, the aromas were mostly weak, and i don't think that I will be in any hurry to try Davidoff pipe tobacco again.
Jay W.✔ Verified Buyer
Was this helpful?
5 out of 5
Best smoke for a great price!
Sep 02, 2015
I really like all these types of tobacco, I get this sampler every time!