Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Merchandise and Purchasing Jobs
A motley crew of scruffy-faced misfits with more cigar, tobacco and industry knowledge than any set of Joe six-pack gringos should ever gain in a lifetime. Core responsibilities include, but are not even close to limited to, product placement, brand creation, brand management, coordination of any beer-related activities (whether internal or external), product development, sales channel management, morale boosting, catalog creation, blend creation and analysis, inventory management, morale diminishment, copywriting, HR job security, outright debauchery, and so (so!) much more. To keep it simple....we buy stuff, create stuff, manage the stuff, develop ways to market and sell the stuff through a wide variety of sales channels both online and offline, then cackle madly and initiate a series of dances when our individual sales figures exceed those of our fellow merchants, usually including the chicken dance, Icky Shuffle and the lawnmower, typically ending with the sprinkler. Recommended attributes for potential candidates: innovativeness, wittiness, intuitiveness, charm....ness(?), outside the box thinking (look boss, buzz words!), good looks, a passion for the product and industry, excessive facial hair, perfection.
Note: Cigars International is an equal opportunity employer....but that don’t mean you’ll be a merchant.
||Merchandise and Purchasing
We are currently seeking a Pricing Analyst with strong numeric and analytical skills to join the Merchandising team. The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for coordinating and implementing all pricing for our multiple business units along with comprehensive reporting. The role is ideal for someone with great attention to detail, organizational skills, a results-oriented mentality, and experience or a passion in working with numbers.
- Ownership of all retail pricing for five distinct business units.
- Regular and strategic price changes focused on maximizing sales and profits.
- Implementation/coordination of manufacturer-imposed price changes.
- Maintenance of pricing for both printed catalogs and e-commerce websites.
- Thorough and regular reporting on the impact of prior price changes with insights and recommendations using that data to drive future decisions.
- Identify pricing trends, gaps, and opportunities and clearly communicate with the Merchandising team to aid in product and promotional development.
- Become an authority and knowledge source for all manufacturer’s Minimum Advertised Pricing policies.
- Complete daily competitive pricing analysis identifying price differences between us and our major competitors.
- Coordinate A/B price-testing through different promotional campaigns.
- Monitor and identify trends/changes in cost of goods. Develop strategies to lower cost of goods.
- Strategic planning focused on utilizing pricing as a tool to meet our corporate goals and targets.
- Be ready and willing to take on and/or assist with new tasks as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Advanced skills and experience in Microsoft Excel a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
- Ability to work in a smoke-friendly environment.
- Technical agility to learn some proprietary software and tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present.
- Detail oriented to perform quick and accurate data-entry.
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline driven environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of personal motivation and self-direction.
- Strategic thinking ability, strong analytical skills, and results-focused.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and team orientation.
- A general understanding or willingness to quickly learn the industry and pricing models of the premium cigar industry.
Please send a cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity along you’re your salary expectations. Those not providing a cover letter will not be considered for this opportunity.