Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Are you a pivot table ninja? Do you wake in the AM for intense match formula training sessions before work? Can you judo chop a spreadsheet into relevant, actionable, competition-crushing marketing insights? =IF(Q1:Q2=YES,JOIN OUR TEAM,SCRAM) If that makes any sense, then Cigars International’s Marketing Department may be your new battleground. The Marketing Team is the numbers people and when we’re not feverishly crafting formulas to decide our next take-out order, our team strategizes, coordinates and implements diverse marketing campaigns that introduce cigar lovers to the best dang cigar retailer on earth. The rest of the time, we’re stomping out crime down dark alleys, kissing babies, and eating our vegetables. It doesn’t end there my friend - retention ain’t just the name of a pond (Wiki that!). We utilize cutting-edge tools to understand, convert, and retain customers via digital and print media. We also play well with others....providing analysis, insights and practical, data driven information to help the rest of our CI lunatics exceed. If you don’t think we’re awesome, may I suggest taking some awesome classes. And Excel while you’re at it, noob.
Business Analytics Manager
This role has been designed to be a one (1) year contract role as we identify an internal successor. You will manage a team of business analysts that use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest area for and methods of improving operations. Implements analytical approaches and methodologies and assists in the interpretation of results. Presents reports to management for use in decision making and strategic planning. Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 7 years of experience in the field. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Contribute to the identification and prioritization of improved reporting processes and procedures
- Balancing short term needs with long term strategy, assist with planning tactical goals to achieve major improvements in data analytics capabilities over time.
- Design, develop, interpret and present key internal business operational metrics reporting
- Design, develop, interpret and present post-intervention outcomes reports
- Provide on-going analysis and recommendations for improvement
- Participate in preparing and/or reviewing reports, forecasts and budgets for publication
- Assist with report development needs including prioritization
- Most importantly you will need to mentor current Staff and assist with the identification of a successor.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Should have 7 or more years of experience in direct to consumer (B2C) retail, with some experience in business to business (B2B).
- Experience managing a small team.
- Be comfortable presenting to all levels, with the ability to translate statistical and analytic terms into business language.
- Understanding business impact is critical to improving our internal processes and seeking to maximize revenue generation and profitability.
- The ideal candidate will have an appropriate educational background.
- Strong knowledge of analytic, technical and reporting tools such as SQL, SSRS, Alterian, Cognos, Crystal Reports or other report writing tools is important.
- A thorough understanding of statistical methods is required.
- The ability to working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment is important.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, and will strive to help others be successful.
- This person has the drive to leverage past experience, current and future trends to maximize opportunities.
Please send a cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity along with salary expectations. Those not providing a cover letter will not be considered for this opportunity.