The Marketing Associate will play an important support role within the marketing team. He/she is responsible for reviewing web sites, catalogs and other promotional materials to ensure accuracy and consistency with promotional plans according to important pre-defined deadlines. In addition, this position will support our retail marketing efforts, and play a key role in the monitoring of our social media web sites and online company reputation. The position necessitates excellent organizational skills, strong proofing skills, general knowledge of top social media and shopping sites, and good verbal and written communication skills. Punctuality and good time management skills are necessary to meet deadlines, and a high attention to detail is expected at all times.
The candidate for this position will support all business units, including, but not limited to, Cigars International, Cigar.com, Pipes and Cigars, CigarBid, and Meier and Dutch. He/she will possess strong organizational and planning skills as well as proofing experience to ensure success in the following key functions:
- Review all catalogs to ensure consistency with web site content. Work with appropriate groups to make extremely time-sensitive amendments to ensure accuracy before catalog in-home dates.
- Weekly and daily review of web sites and email promotions for broken links, missing pages, copy errors or other inconsistencies. Coordinate with appropriate personnel to ensure issues are resolved.
- Participate in developing, executing and managing retail marketing initiatives under the redirection of the Marketing Manager, including, but not limited to billboards, radio advertising and event promotional support.
- Maintain schedule for monitoring and updating of several social media web sites. Work with appropriate personnel to source content/offers as necessary. Provide results reporting.
- Respond to customer messages and posts on company Facebook pages. Monitor and track company reviews across several designated sites. Communicate with other groups (call center, merchandising) as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain a competitor monitoring system and database.
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance process, and execute a full site content review of all corporate web sites.
- Test new web sites, features and functionality, including mobile. Provide timely feedback and suggestions to appropriate personnel.
- Support and participate in other marketing department processes and projects as necessary
- Other support functions as necessary to ensure success of marketing team initiatives.
- Requires a bachelor's degree (preferably in Marketing, Business or Economics)
- Highly organized with strong organizational and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Responsive to changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with team members, as well as other individuals at various levels within the organization
- Must have strong time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understands the need for meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, and knowledge of approval procedures
- Comfortable working independently and not afraid to ask questions or escalate issues as needed
- General familiarity with Social Media and online Shopping sites
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word
We value our employees and in addition to our competitive salaries, we offer a competitive benefit package to our talented team members including:
- Comprehensive Health Care, Vision & Dental Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Disability Plans
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Additional Supplemental Benefits
- Paid Vacation, Paid Time Off (PTO) days, Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan including a generous Company match
- Company Pension Plan
Please send a cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity along with salary expectations. Those not providing a cover letter will not be considered for this opportunity.