Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Are you a pivot table ninja? Do you wake in the AM for intense match formula training sessions before work? Can you judo chop a spreadsheet into relevant, actionable, competition-crushing marketing insights? =IF(Q1:Q2=YES,JOIN OUR TEAM,SCRAM) If that makes any sense, then Cigars International’s Marketing Department may be your new battleground. The Marketing Team is the numbers people and when we’re not feverishly crafting formulas to decide our next take-out order, our team strategizes, coordinates and implements diverse marketing campaigns that introduce cigar lovers to the best dang cigar retailer on earth. The rest of the time, we’re stomping out crime down dark alleys, kissing babies, and eating our vegetables. It doesn’t end there my friend - retention ain’t just the name of a pond (Wiki that!). We utilize cutting-edge tools to understand, convert, and retain customers via digital and print media. We also play well with others....providing analysis, insights and practical, data driven information to help the rest of our CI lunatics exceed. If you don’t think we’re awesome, may I suggest taking some awesome classes. And Excel while you’re at it, noob.
||eCommerce Marketing Manager
The Marketplaces Intern/Associate will be responsible for overseeing our marketplace stores and accounts. The selected candidate should have business coursework and acumen and an understanding of the principles of marketing (eCommerce marketing experience is desired). The Marketplaces Intern/Associate will be responsible for coordinating with internal IT teams, merchandising professionals, design team members, customer service, fulfillment and more. The successful candidate will have impeccable attention to detail and be able to perform independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Become a marketplace subject matter expert, advising marketing, merchandising and information technology teams on best practices, trends and more.
- Manage Amazon.com, eBay.com and Jet.com marketplace accounts for our products.
- Liaise with customer service and resolve order defects and customer incidents.
- Become an expert on marketplace pricing – utilizing our industry-leading pricing tool to optimize top-line sales and margin contribution with strategic pricing tactics.
- Manage inventory strategically on marketplaces.
- Maintain top-notch seller performance metrics in all marketplace channels, including customer feedback, on-time delivery, order defect rate and much more.
- Understand the algorithms that Amazon, eBay and Jet use to determine Buy Box assignment and/or search result priority – and optimize our programs for maximum margin contribution.
- Learn our tactics for margin management, ensuring that we are able to deliver sales at margin levels acceptable to the organization.
- Report with keen attention to detail on week-over-week marketplace performance, monthly trends, etc.
- Constantly work to find ways to improve our performance on major US marketplaces.
- Be pursuing or possess a bachelor’s degree in a business, marketing or analytics-related field.
- Understanding of Internet technologies, consumer habits and the US marketplace landscape.
- The ability to speak intelligently to marketing, design, customer service and IT professionals with regard to marketplace reporting and recommendations.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (expert-level Microsoft Excel skills desired)
- Commitment to staying abreast of industry trends, technologies, opportunities and best practices - and to adjust procedures accordingly
- Ability to learn new software and internal processes quickly
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple projects, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Understanding of the need for meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning and approval procedures
- Understanding of marketing and business terminology
- Ability to work independently and part of a team as well
- Strong writing and communication skills, including the ability to speak with individuals at all levels within the organization, present in front of inter-departmental audiences and communicate via email regarding marketplace updates and/or reports.
Please send a cover letter outlining your interest in this opportunity along with salary expectations. Those not providing a cover letter will not be considered for this opportunity.