Love solving puzzles; enjoy finding creative solutions to technology problems and you’re ready to join an engineering team that partners with the business? Then we want to talk to you!
Cigars International is the industry-leading online and direct marketer of fine, handmade cigars, gifts and accessories, and we’re looking for an experienced .net Developer to join our growing software engineering team.
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to be a strategic partner with the business helping to build and sustain a growing ecommerce platform. As the fastest growing cigar company in the country we need
innovative and imaginative information technology engineers like you to help us grow!
As a .Net Developer you will be responsible for developing, creating, and modifying general computer applications software or specializing utility programs,
analyzing user needs and develop software solutions.
Additional responsibilities of the .Net Developer include:
- Modifying existing software to correct errors, allowing it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Developing and directing software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
- Conferring with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Providing technical support of applications including after hours (on call) support
- Keep management and other senior staff apprised of the status of projects and systems.
We are looking for a creative problem solver with initiative who loves to solve problems in the business and information technology space. You must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical parties with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional requirements of the .Net Developer include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent education or experience
- At least 2 years experience as software engineer in a developer role
- Experience in one of the following .net development areas:
- ASP.NET MVC
- Windows Services
- MS SQL
- jQuery and Advanced CSS
- Solid understanding of SQL development and Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Experience with sales and order processing systems, e-commerce sites, mobile site design, a plus
- Experience with all phases of application software development/maintenance life cycles in an enterprise client/server and/or web-based environment, preferred
Interested candidates must
send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements.