Candidate will be required to, either alone or as part of a team. They will provide internal support for employees and should have a mix of both technical and customer focused skills. The preferred candidate should be passionate about technology and helping people. This position would support Windows, Mac’s, printers, and occasional BYOD.
Help desk technicians provide prompt responses to questions from employees. They troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems related to operating systems, hardware and software. They also document problems within the helpdesk and note conversations in order to create a log that can be referenced by other technicians and for training purposes.
- Log all help desk request for software support for internal customers.
- Experience in supporting Windows 8 in a Windows Active Directory environment
- Expertise with the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Operating systems, Specifically Windows 8 and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Provide support of MAC clients.
- Provide break fix support for printers and other network devices. Point of contact for all warranty repairs of end user equipment.
- Research issues with the other team members when required, providing documentation, and any other necessary resources.
- Escalate issues to appropriate support levels.
- Follow any policies or procedures provided by the organization.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other team members.
- Update Service Desk Ticketing System on a per incident basis utilizing standardized format as directed.
- Ability to stay current in your work order Queue and provide regular updates to requestors.
- Follow all policies as directed by department.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings as scheduled and other scheduled meetings.
- Broaden own technical, functional and industry based skill set.
- Meet quarterly goals as directed by team lead and or department heads.
- Create and maintain documentation to assist other team members and staff.
- Assists management with any additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a Windows/Mac environment.
- Strong knowledge of customer care techniques and processes.
- Exceptional analytical and listening skills.
- Ability to exercise objective judgment and critical decision making
- Ability to operate well in a support team environment.
- Proven record of accomplishment of taking initiative and delivering results.
- Experience in analyzing complex functions, procedures and problems to find creative, logical and appropriate solutions
- The ability to work in a fast paced, environment of change with the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment, while effectively multi-tasking on several projects
- Proactive attitude and teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects / assignments concurrently.
- Prior experience with Thin-client server and client deployments
- Experience with MAC OSX 10.9.x and 10.10.x in a corporate environment is a plus
- Required Education (including certifications):
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Certifications Preferred: Any one of the following: Network +, A+, Security+, MCP, or a current industry recognized certification.
Interested candidates must send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements.