||Human Resources Director
This role will support our continued growth. You will be challenged each and every day by your functional leadership as well as the organization’s Line Managers and most of all valued employees. We all want you to insure the passion continues to be at the highest level possible. Keep in mind expectations are very high but that is the key to our success.
Yes, you are primarily responsible for day-to-day Human Resources administrative activities. We have the expectation that you will go well above and beyond but you will have help from the rest of fully engaged Human Resources Generalist Staff. Remember if it isn’t fun it is work and although the days may be tough and long it will be highly enjoyable and you will leave each day feeling good about what you accomplished and how you positively impacted the employee population and maybe even your boss, and you will have many.
What we need from you:
- Evaluates ways to leverage the Human Resources/Human Assets (HR/HA) function’s collective resources and creates systems and processes to drive coordination of HR/HA transactional processes for consistency and effectiveness across entities.
- Manages the HR/HA metrics generation and dissemination process.
- Determines and supervises the HR/HA transactions and record-keeping functions across the Organization to insure HR information systems’ and electronic records integrity and consistency.
- Consults with internal clients regarding the need for modification of HR information systems, reports, pay policies and practices, and job evaluation and design requests, and recommends the most effective approach based on market research/analysis and needs of the business.
- In partnership with the functional HR/HA team and the entire organization; develops, implements, and administers compensation programs for the organization in collaboration with our strategic partner, the Accounting Department.
- Four (4) to eight (8) years of HR/HA operations/specialist experience in HRIS administration, HR report generation and analyses, metric tracking, graphing and trending
- Ability to generate data and analyze same is a must with compensation and Payroll, administration and understanding payroll procedures and support preferably with experience with the ADP system
- Strong working knowledge or developing job descriptions, conducting job evaluations, leading the salary/wage budgeting processes, understanding pay practices locally and within the industry
- Comprehensive Benefits & Benefits Administration experience
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to WC, FMLA, FLSA, Wage and Hour, I-9 and recordkeeping.
- Able to work with a variety of computer applications at a high level of competence (i.e. HRIS systems, MS Excel, Word).
- Understanding of the role Human Resources Generalists so that you can support them to the highest degree.
- Exposure to Recruiting practices to support all Generalists in their recruiting efforts which are extensive. We continue to grow consistently at a 30% rate with the emphasis on Bench Strength initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or human resources or related field, advanced degree preferred and/or SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR) or a Specialist certification or in lieu of extensive experience in a Human Resources Specialist function
- Trains/educates functional Team and organization for the understanding of practices and operational requirements
- Facilitates interactive communication among functional team and organization to identify issues/concerns/opportunities before the organization is impacted
- Responsible for HR data entry and transactional functions to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Manages the implementation and operational effectiveness of system-wide HR projects, including advocacy of HR information system’s needs, reporting, and development.
- In partnership with the Generalists identifies needs and implications, and presents case to various leaders for reclassification, re-grading, and market wage adjustments for positions
- Partners and interacts with the appropriate functional Team member or various other functional Leaders/Managers/Supervisors/Employees
Compensation & Benefits
- In partnership with functional & organizational members determines compensation and benefit parameters for hiring, retention, reclassification, market adjustment, and in-grading across the organization.
- Comprehensive Benefits Administration/communications/reconciliation knowledge
- Responsible for timely communication of compensation and benefits practice and parameter changes within their group.
- Maintains an accurate and up to date job description repository for the organization within the job description system.
- Conducts pay & benefit equity studies then analyze and make strategic recommendations
- Maintain, update Payroll date prior to Payroll Specialist processing Payroll.
- Review & approve Payroll
- Oversees the HR electronic records processes
- Assists with or lead within the group all compensation-related projects
HR Operational Effectiveness
- Recruiting support/administration
- Assist with the management of the HR budget
- Determines the HR transactions and HR record-keeping requirements and processes
- Conducts periodic HR data and recordkeeping audits to ensure accuracy, compliance and consistency
- Coordinates with functional Team and organizational leaders to develop and disseminate HR metrics and dashboards
- Continually improve and keep evergreen HR report design and generation
- Oversees tracking and reporting for leadership across the organization, Occupational Health, performance management, and employee development
- Manager the HR electronic records processes
- Identify and share best practices
You see we don’t just sell cigars through our website and in our three (3) retail stores which btw is going to grow to many and in many States; we distribute them, market them, merchandise them and all these functional departments on our Career Page are part of the madness, joy and daily fun (and work, it just doesn’t seem that way).
Now, If you are still interested you must, (absolutely must, no exceptions) send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements, I know you don’t want to show your card but you are going to have to tell me sooner or later. Also it would work in your best interest if you tell me how you are going to take us to the next level because here the sky is the limit because in case you missed it we are #1 and we intend to stay there. Believe me I read what you have to say more thoroughly than your resume.