Send This To A Friend
|Department: ||Accounting |
|Location: ||Corporate Headquarters |
|Reports To: ||Controller |
We are currently seeking a Part Time Tax Accountant in our corporate offices in Bethlehem, PA. This is a new position with estimated hours of 15-20 hours per week. Hours are flexible based upon business and employee needs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Federal Corporate Taxes:
- Tracking when payments are due for all Entities Bethlehem Shared Services (BSS) supports
- Coordinating with sister company Tax Dept regarding payments due
- Preparing quarterly tax report in COGNOS for all BSS Entities
- Preparing quarterly tax provision for all BSS Entities
- State Corporate Taxes:
- Assist with research regarding nexus in various states for BSS Entities
- Tracking which states we need to file corporate taxes in
- Tracking when payments are due (Coordinating with sister company Tax Dept regarding payments)
- State Tax Registrations:
- Keep all state/federal licenses & registrations current
- Research new tax laws and suggest necessary changes for BSS Entities
- Research state law based on current business needs
- State Excise Tax:
- Report and file necessary state tax reports as necessary (monthly/annually/etc)
- Calculate excise tax due for various customers as needed
- Report on sales and taxes paid in various states as necessary
- Assist with preparation of annual budget relating to filing fees and tax fees
- Financial Reporting:
- Assist in maintaining the general accounting system
- Prepare and record month end journal entries
- Assist with expansion plans including forecasts and tax implications
- Support and participate in special projects (AD-HOC reports) as assigned
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors in Accounting with 5+ years experience
- Tobacco/Alcohol tax experience preferred but not required
- Legal experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook (including pivot tables and filters)
- Must have strong initiative and assertiveness
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must be detail oriented with excellent follow through and initiative.
- Must demonstrate professional demeanor
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, ability to multi-task and bring projects/tasks to completion
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate professionally and effectively.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates must send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements. If you have applied for this position in the past, feel free to resubmit your resume.