Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Accounting (Bean Counters) reports the daily financial activities of Cigars International. This information is summarized for monthly external reporting to our parent company and to other agencies as required. Bean Counters (Accounting) also provide fiscal support to all internal departments to better facilitate proper decision making within the company. The liaison for the corporation’s relationships with bankers, insurance providers, taxing agencies, etc. Accounting is involved with departmental expenditures, receipt of inventory, budgeting for special events or projects, retail business management, payroll processing, legal support and many other functions. Suggested skillsets: extensive knowledge of bean types, excel, abacus, QuickBooks, multiplication tables, Cognos (no clue what this is — hopefully you do), carrying the two, BNA, both proper and creative decimal point placement, Frontier and Outlook. Personality recommended but not required.
Send This To A Friend
|Department: ||Accounting |
|Location: ||Corporate Headquarters |
|Reports To: ||Controller |
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist with month end close including preparing journal entries
- Reporting within COGNOS
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting packages for management
- Prepare and analyze monthly departmental P&L’s
- Assist with tax planning needs for auditors
- Assist with internal control testing and reporting needs
- Financial analytics
- Reviewing and analyzing monthly financial performance
- Provide explanations to management
- Attend weekly retail meeting
- Work closely with retail managers to be efficient and effective
- Work closely with Retail Director to analyze stores and determine trends, focal points, areas for improvement relating to sales, margins, and expenses
- Assist with inventory maintenance including
- Retail store cycle counts
- Retail order picking/delivery process and procedures
- Retail order returns to warehouse
- Managing min/max inventory ordering tool
- Perform various reporting relating to shipping revenue and expense
- Prepare and record month end journal entries
- Support and participate in special projects (AD-HOC reports) as assigned
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 5+ years experience (preferably in public accounting)
- CPA a plus
- Financial analysis experience
- Experience with COGNOS or Hyperion a plus
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook (including pivot tables and filters)
- Must have strong initiative and assertiveness
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must be detail oriented with excellent follow through and initiative.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, ability to multi-task and bring projects/tasks to completion
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate professionally and effectively.
- Must have accounting industry experience
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements.