Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Accounting (Bean Counters) reports the daily financial activities of Cigars International. This information is summarized for monthly external reporting to our parent company and to other agencies as required. Bean Counters (Accounting) also provide fiscal support to all internal departments to better facilitate proper decision making within the company. The liaison for the corporation’s relationships with bankers, insurance providers, taxing agencies, etc. Accounting is involved with departmental expenditures, receipt of inventory, budgeting for special events or projects, retail business management, payroll processing, legal support and many other functions. Suggested skillsets: extensive knowledge of bean types, excel, abacus, QuickBooks, multiplication tables, Cognos (no clue what this is — hopefully you do), carrying the two, BNA, both proper and creative decimal point placement, Frontier and Outlook. Personality recommended but not required.
Payroll Specialist/Staff Accountant
Send This To A Friend
|Department: ||Accounting |
|Location: ||Corporate Headquarters |
|Reports To: ||Controller |
We have an immediate need for a high caliber, friendly and highly motivated Payroll Specialist/Staff Accountant who is willing to go beyond today’s standards as a member of our Accounting Team. You will be tested and genuinely empowered. We expect our people to never stop seeking new ways to help us grow & win.
- Processes weekly and bi-weekly payrolls and compiles data to maintain accurate payroll
- Tracks and records accruals for benefits such as holiday pay, vacation pay, and sick leave
- Reconciles and records all payroll journal entries in general ledger system
- Prepared payroll journal entries for the Finance Department month end close
- Reconcile all benefit invoices
- Resolves benefit plan administrative issues with vendors or insurance company representatives
- Assists HR department with maintaining and administering all employee benefit programs, such as group life insurance, extended medical, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, optional life insurance, COBRA and 401K plan.
- Updates changes in address, taxes, deductions, and direct deposits in payroll system
- Process new hire enrollments, terminations and benefit changes in payroll system
- Keeps up to date knowledge of applicable local, state and federal laws pertaining to payroll and benefits
- Assists with human resource or accounting related activities throughout the day
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll and benefits administration experience
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll processor
- Knowledge of federal and state wage tax laws and regulations required.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent follow through and initiative.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, ability to multi-task and bring projects/tasks to completion; demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Requires thorough knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate professionally and effectively.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates must
send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate. Cigars International will not cover relocation costs.