Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Accounting (Bean Counters) reports the daily financial activities of Cigars International. This information is summarized for monthly external reporting to our parent company and to other agencies as required. Bean Counters (Accounting) also provide fiscal support to all internal departments to better facilitate proper decision making within the company. The liaison for the corporation’s relationships with bankers, insurance providers, taxing agencies, etc. Accounting is involved with departmental expenditures, receipt of inventory, budgeting for special events or projects, retail business management, payroll processing, legal support and many other functions. Suggested skillsets: extensive knowledge of bean types, excel, abacus, QuickBooks, multiplication tables, Cognos (no clue what this is — hopefully you do), carrying the two, BNA, both proper and creative decimal point placement, Frontier and Outlook. Personality recommended but not required.
Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst in our corporate offices in Bethlehem, PA.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance
- Prepare reports, projections, and presentations based on analysis
- Evaluate, analyze, and track capital expenditures, depreciation, and returns
- Evaluate profit plans
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Provide financial models and forecasting for various business units
- Assist with month-end close including preparing journal entries
- Reporting within COGNOS
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting packages for management
- Prepare and analyze monthly departmental P&L’s
- Assist with internal control testing and reporting needs
- Assist with various balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform various reporting relating to shipping revenue and expense
- Support and participate in special projects (AD-HOC reports) as assigned
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
- 6+ years experience (preferably a public/private mix)
- CPA a plus
- Financial analysis experience a must
- Experience with COGNOS a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Expert in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must have strong initiative and assertiveness
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must have superior attention to detail with excellent follow through and initiative.
- Must demonstrate professional demeanor
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, ability to bring projects/tasks to completion
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate professionally and effectively.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates must send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements.