Choose a department below to begin searching available positions.
Accounting (Bean Counters) reports the daily financial activities of Cigars International. This information is summarized for monthly external reporting to our parent company and to other agencies as required. Bean Counters (Accounting) also provide fiscal support to all internal departments to better facilitate proper decision making within the company. The liaison for the corporation’s relationships with bankers, insurance providers, taxing agencies, etc. Accounting is involved with departmental expenditures, receipt of inventory, budgeting for special events or projects, retail business management, payroll processing, legal support and many other functions. Suggested skillsets: extensive knowledge of bean types, excel, abacus, QuickBooks, multiplication tables, Cognos (no clue what this is — hopefully you do), carrying the two, BNA, both proper and creative decimal point placement, Frontier and Outlook. Personality recommended but not required.
Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable
Send This To A Friend
|Department: ||Accounting |
|Location: ||Corporate Headquarters |
|Reports To: ||Senior Accountant |
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant with a primary focus on Accounts Payable in our corporate offices in Bethlehem, PA.
Primary responsbilities include but not limited to:
- Manage Accounts Payable including coding, bill paying, reconciling credit cards, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the general accounting system
- Maintain various balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with fraud investigation and detection
- Reviewing and reconciling marketing expenses
- Prepare and record month end journal entries
- Support and participate in special projects (AD-HOC reports) as assigned
- Perform other duties as required.
- Five (5) years of Accounting experience at least 3 of which should be in Accounts Payable
- Bachelors in Accounting
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook (including pivot tables and filters)
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Must have strong initiative and assertiveness
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Must be detail oriented with excellent follow through and initiative.
- Must demonstrate professional demeanor with a high level of maturity
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, ability to multi-task and bring projects/tasks to completion
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate professionally and effectively.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates must send a Cover Letter identifying how your background, skills and experience match our Job Description including your salary requirements.
If you have applied for this position in the past, feel free to resubmit your resume.